Literacy for young mothers
Helping young mums learn basic literacy and numeracy skills in Western Uganda, where a low female literacy rate is having a devastating effect on child welfare and infant mortality.
- Project: Mums Read Kids Succeed
- Area: Masindi, Uganda
- Beneficiaries: Young mums (age 19-29) with young children
- Reach: Approx 2,200 young mums, 2,000 young men and 15,000 children
- Duration: 3 years
- Young mums have a safe space they can go to access training and health care services for themselves and their children
- Young women learn how to read and write as they learn good child care techniques and how to use some of their new skills at home to support their family
Communities actively support young mothers to play an active role at home and in their communities
Thank you to DFID for supporting this project.
For more information about how you can support our work please email [email protected] or call +44 (0)1892 519 619.
We'll only use the information you provide to deal with your request.