The Kwale Girls Project
Helping disadvantaged girls get a good education and overcome barriers such as child marriage and discrimination that can stop them going to school. This project is delivered in partnership with The Big Lottery Fund and Comic Relief.
- Project: The Kwale Girls Project
Area: Kwale District, Kenya
Beneficiaries: Girls both in and out of school, teachers, parents, boys and community members
Reach: 26,020 primary school aged girls, 724 teachers and school staff members, 37,481 parents and boys and community members
Duration: 3 years
To promote positive community attitudes towards girls' education and improve the quality of support for the most disadvantaged girls.
- Communities have the knowledge and skills to address violence and abuse against girls
- Communities understand the value of educating girls
- Girls understand the opportunities available to them and increase their aspirations
- Adoption of child friendly and gender sensitive teaching methods
For more information about how you can support our work please email [email protected] or call +44 (0)1892 519 619. We'll only use the information you provide to deal with your request.