Early Years: Eastern Uganda
Helping parents, teachers and older students to support the youngest and most vulnerable children - giving them the best possible start during their critical first few years at school.
- Project: ILEAP
- Area: Ngora District, Eastern Uganda
- Beneficiaries: Children attending school, teachers, parents and school management committee members
- Reach: 23,675 pupils in the first three years of primary school, 4,000 older pupils, 3,504 parents and 160 teachers
- Duration: 3 years
Young boys and girls receive both academic and social support for their learning in school and at home.
- Skilled and inspired teachers who provide quality, child friendly teaching
- Older children mentoring younger children providing learning and emotional support
- Parents supporting childrens education at home, ensuring children are prepared for school
For more information about how you can support our work please email [email protected] or call +44 (0)1892 519 619. We'll only use the information you provide to deal with your request.