Early Education Support
Transforming communities by building a support network around the youngest school children, helping them get the best possible start in their education.
- Project: STEPS
- Area: Masindi, Kiryandongo and Buliisa districts of Uganda
- Beneficiaries: Children attending school, parents and teachers
- Reach: 5,192 children in the first three years of primary school, 500 older pupils, 4,179 parents and 30 teachers in 10 schools
- Duration: 3 years
Ensure that younger primary schools pupils receive support for their learning, both in and out of school, so that they acquire the fundamental skills they need to achieve a good level of education.
- Skilled and inspired teachers who provide child-friendly and good quality teaching
- Older children mentoring younger pupils, providing learning and emotional support
- Parents championing their children’s education, ensuring children are prepared for school
Making sure young children have the support of their parents, teachers and the older students will mean they gain the skills they require for their future education in upper primary and beyond - supporting them to reach their potential and help their families overcome poverty.
Contact Sonja Lawrence on [email protected] or +44 (0) 1892 519619 for more information.