Fundraise at school
Fundraising at your own school can make a huge difference to the lives of young people in rural Africa. Whether it’s an on-going link with a school in Africa or a one-off donation, your support could help children access the quality education they deserve.
Why do we need your help?
Children and teachers face many problems at schools in rural communities, making everyday learning a challenge:
Inadequate and unhygienic toilets
Too few resources
How will your school benefit?
Our School Fundraising Programme, developed in consultation with UK teachers, provides lesson plans linked to the national curriculum, as well as school presentations, games and resources to help your students:
- Gain a better understanding of global issues
- Learn about the cause they are supporting
- Establish links between their lives and the lives of those that they are helping
- Understand the work of charities
- Develop participation skills and their role in active global citizenship
- Work as a team to understand how individual and collective actions can benefit others
Your school will also gain an unforgettable insight into life and learning in a school in sub-Saharan Africa.
What could your school achieve?
- £300 could buy 75 textbooks for children desperate to learn
- £800 could pay for 4 teachers to receive training on up to date teaching methods
- £2,200 could buy 50 desks so that children no longer sit on the floor
- £6,000 could pay for a 10,000 litre water storage tank and guttering, giving a school community enough water to last through times of drought
- £15,000 could pay to build an entire classroom
For more information about fundraising at school please contact [email protected] or call 01892 519619.