School Linking Programme
School linking provides a unique opportunity to transform the lives of children in both the UK and Africa. Your students will learn about important international issues, and provide life-changing support to a partner school in rural Africa.
What can your students learn?
Establishing an international school link gives your students important awareness of global issues:
- Our letter exchange programme improves students’ knowledge and understanding of other cultures, the wider world and their own role as global citizens
- Students can discuss the issues that affect their lives, build relationships, and a respect for diversity
- They can also benefit from unique teaching resources that add a new dimension to lessons
- Your students will gain a better understanding of the work of charities and non-profits, helping them prepare creative fundraising activities
Students visit a school in rural Uganda
How we'll support you
For a minimum donation of £800 a year we will link you with a primary school in an area where we work, and help you to develop a long-term and productive partnership. We will provide:
- An incredible opportunity for teachers and students to visit their linked school in Africa*
- A full profile of your linked school, with photographs and case studies
- Bi-annual letters from your linked school, as part of the letter exchange programme
- Feedback from your linked school, so you can see the difference your support is making
- A fundraising kit and ongoing fundraising support
- Free school resources, including lesson plans designed by teachers to explore the culture of sub-Saharan Africa and the issues faced by schools
- Inclusion in our regular newsletter, keeping you up to date with developments in our work and fundraising
Become a linked school
Interested in linking your school? Click to register online, or email [email protected] and we'll send you everything you need to get started.
* Minimum donation required.