Build Africa puts child welfare first in everything we do. We believe that every child has the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, neglect, exploitation and violence, and we work to empower children to protect themselves.
We will always:
- Ensure our programmes are designed to actively prevent child abuse
- Make it absolutely clear to staff, partners and visitors that Build Africa has a zero-tolerance approach to child abuse in any form
- Inform all children involved in our work of their right to protection, and make sure a safe mechanism is in place for them to report abuse
- Take all suspicions and allegations of child abuse seriously and respond swiftly and appropriately to such cases
- Ensure anonymity for those who report their concerns
- Take disciplinary and/or legal action where there has been a breach of any law by our staff, partners or visitors
We believe that abuse is always wrong and is never the young person's fault.
If you have any questions about child safeguarding at Build Africa please contact [email protected] or call +44 (0)1892 519 619. We'll only use the information you provide to deal with your request.