Key performance indicators 2011
Girls and boys progressing to the next school year: boys 87%/ girls 94%
Parents making contributions towards the development of the school: 56%
Average number of teaching and learning methods used by government teachers: 38%
% progress towards completion of three year School Development Plan: 0%
* 0% of the development targets completed because the school is at the start of a new 3 year plan.
Schools data 2011
Total enrolment:379 - boys 197 /girls 182
Average number of pupils per classroom: 126
Average number of pupils per government teacher: 47
Female government teachers: 4
Pupils adequately seated: 89%
Number of pupils per latrine stance: boys 99/ girls 61
Kawo Kakira School 2011
District: Eastern Region
Year Build a School support commenced: 2010
Jul - Dec 2011
• INFRASTRUCTURE: Four grass-thatched huts have been constructed as teacher accommodation, and another semi-permanent teacher’s house is currently being built. Providing teachers with on-site accommodation is an important way of improving teacher morale and performance, as otherwise teachers often have to travel long, difficult journeys every day to reach school.
• LEARNING MATERIALS: The school received textbooks from USAID, the USA international development agency. These textbooks cover the core subjects (English, Social Sciences, Science and Maths), and will support pupils’ improved learning in the classroom.
Jan - Jun 2011
• COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT: The School Building Committee has held community meetings this year to keep parents and other community members involved with construction projects at the school.
• INFRASTRUCTURE: Construction has started on a four-classroom block. Once completed, the new classrooms will significantly enhance the teaching and learning environment for both teachers and pupils at the school.
• INFRASTRUCTURE: Excavation is underway on pit latrines and once these are finished, hygiene and sanitation at the school will be significantly improved.