Key performance indicators 2010
Girls and boys progressing to the next school year: boys 53%/ girls 60%
* Some children have left to go to neighbouring schools which we are now supporting. This has lowered class sizes, which should improve standards.
Parents making contributions towards the development of the school: 61%
Average number of teaching and learning methods used by government teachers: 100%
% progress towards completion of three year School Development Plan: 0%
* 0% of the development targets completed because the school is at the start of a new 3 year plan.
Schools data 2010
Total enrolment:214 - boys 114 /girls 100
Average number of pupils per classroom: 71
Average number of pupils per government teacher: 36
Female government teachers: 3
Pupils adequately seated: 0%
* Desks will be provided at the end of the year
Kawo Kakira School 2010
District: Eastern Region
Year Build a School support commenced: 2010
• A meeting was held to discuss how the local community can work together with Build Africa to ensure the new school is successfully built, managed and maintained. There was good attendance, with 204 community members taking part;
• Soil treatment will be carried out before construction begins. This is due to termite infestation.